Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Snymans are in a snowy wonderland



Hey Friends

Just a brief message to tell you how amazing all this snow is...WOW it is an amazing experince here at the moment. I walked to work with the snow falling onto my polka dot umbrella, forming ice smudges on it. I LOVE THE SNOW. It feels like a gentle, quiet miracle, you hear not a thing and when you leave the house the whole landscape is transformed. It is such a joy, I walk feeling full of GLEE, gleeful as it were...We live in such a pretty area and so to walk around with snow on the ground, on the roof of every house and shop, looks like a winter wonderland all the time.

On my morning walk there was a mom and daughter dressed up like eskimos building a snowman and the daughter could not contain herself she said to me as I pased, 'Isn't this lovely!!?" all of 6 years old. People walk and try to hide their delight but it spills out... I think in the 21st Century I have discovered the hidden eleventh commandment that Moses could not fit onto the tablet...THOU SHALT NOT WORKETH WHEN IT SNOWETH, THOU SHALT PLAYETH IN THE PARKETH. I feel like I am committing a sin by working 10 hours a day instead of playing in the snow!!! Our park is obviously a sight to behold and I want so much to spend time in it, but OH well work it must be for now...

My Goodness but the Brits can moan about the snow, it is like it is a national tragedy that has struck, instead of a beauty. I know one has to be careful as to avoid broken hips ect... but when Kev and I watch the news we always giggle at the national pastime of weather speak: WARNING: rain, WARNING: wind, WARNING:Sunshine, WARNING:mild temperatures, WARNING: Snow, WARNING:Ice, WARNING:cold, WARNING: Heat.  Every possible weather has a warning flashed onto the screen with a huge flashing exclamation mark on it,,, my goodness something that is so natural and a gift from God has a WARNING label attached to it.

Well that is all I have time for...Love to you all

Nads and Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment