Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Compassion

21 August 2012     

Matthew 9:36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

Like many of us we accumulate the things that have passed their sell by date or has broken and we keep it for just in case. Every now and again we need to have a bit of a clean up in order to decide what to keep and what to dump. Yesterday was one of those days and as a result I went with a load of scrap to the scrap yard to see what I could get for it. Sometimes this is cheaper than going to the landfill site where you have to pay for disposal and it is also recycling rather than dumping.

When I was there I joined the queue, in front of me was a donkey cart, next to that was a bakkie well aged, then I. When my turn came the items were off-loaded and I was paid a reasonable price even though they said that the steel price had dropped four times this year.  When they realised I was a minister in the healing business at the end of the trade I was asked to pray for healing and for God’s help, then another customer needed prayer. Looking at the faces of the people I realised that many had been scavenging for something to sell, poor desperate people, hungry and without work. I then realised how Jesus felt when He looked on the crowd and had compassion for them. He understood their need.

Be encouraged today to be mindful of those who have less than you do.
 
David
 
Point to ponder: Jesus is filled with compassion and knows your need.

Question to consider: How great is your need?
 0

No comments:

Post a Comment