Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sleepless

31 August 2012     

1 Samuel 3:8-9 And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, "Here I am, for you called me." Then Eli perceived that the LORD was calling the boy. Therefore Eli said to Samuel, "Go, lie down; and if he calls you, you shall say, 'Speak, LORD, for thy servant hears.'" So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

Is it not sometimes mind boggling when you are able to sleep late and then you wake up an hour before you normally do and then cannot get back to sleep. So after tossing and turning you get up and start the daily chores, thinking with an early start you will get through more, but you usually don’t. Now this happened to me this morning and so I also decided to place the hoses to water the gardens, but then got caught up in watching the birds, hundreds of birds. A big flock of green eyed finches, and a number of other birds were in the trees, on the roof of the cottages,  on the lawns, eating the seeds from the trees. It was simply amazing. The result I am late to get to the office!

If I had slept in and taken my time I may just have missed this wonderful sight, so maybe God just planned it for me and got me up so I could see it. I think that God often wakes us up to share something with us, yet we want to sleep, so when I cannot sleep I usually know that God has something to say. So the best is get your Bible, read, pray and listen to what God has to say.

Be encouraged today to listen to God speaking.
 
David
 
Point to ponder: God has a lot to say.

Question to consider: Are you listening to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment