Saturday, March 23, 2013

Come and rest


13 February 2013
 
Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

I heard the voice of Jesus say come unto me and rest. Tired, weary, worn and sad, come lay your head upon My breast. How sad it is that we have such wonderful opportunities to come to Jesus and to simply be in His presence, yet in the busyness of life we just keep on and on and on. The result is a thousand voices all crying out telling us what to do, demands from all, urgent for them and panic for us as we try to be all things to all people. No wonder we breakdown, meltdown and live from one crisis to another.

How many times have you had the opportunity to come and be still with Jesus but more important things came along, how many times. Even now in this moment Jesus is asking for you to come to Him for rest. Yet you worry about the family, about the work, about all those temporary things, not understanding that He will take care of all of them if only you would trust Him and come to Him.

Be encouraged today and to hear the voice of Jesus come unto me and rest.


David

Point to ponder: Jesus said, come unto me and rest.

Question to consider: Do you believe there is no rest for the wicked?

No comments:

Post a Comment