Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Speaking in Season

19 June 2012  
     
1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, that you may declare the wonderful deeds of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Yesterday was a day that was busy and filled with different activities, the main one being the visit for a check up with the surgeon in Johannesburg. Having left his rooms I walked out of the hospital past the ICU unit where a Moslem family were standing, as I past them I caught their eyes,  and greeted them, and then said, ‘may God bless you today’. They smiled and said thank you.

On thinking about this I asked myself if they had to start to speak to me about why I am a Christian, what would I have said? This is an important question that all of us at any time should be ready to answer. How would you answer? Have you memorised a verse or two from the bible to help you in a debate should such a debate arise. Or do we avoid the debate lest we offend people by speaking about Jesus to them, or are we ashamed because we do not know how to answer the question. Each of us needs to be able to speak about what we believe and why we believe it, and not to be ashamed of Jesus.

Be encouraged today to be filled with faith to speak about what you believe in faith.
 
David
 
Point to ponder: We are saved by no other but Jesus Christ.

Question to consider: Have you memorised any bible verses?

No comments:

Post a Comment